What is the Erasmus+ Programme?
The Erasmus+ Programme is the EU's programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport in Europe. With a budget of €14.7 billion, until 2020 Erasmus+ will allow over 4 million European Citizens to study, train, gain experience and volunteer abroad. Erasmus+ opportunities are available for a wide variety of individuals (both young and adults) and organisations, which aim is to contribute to the Europe 2020 Strategy for growth, jobs, social equity and inclusion, and to the achievement of the EU Youth Strategy objectives.
The Erasmus+ Programme pursues the following specific goals:
- Reducing unemployment, especially among young people
- Promoting adult learning, especially for new skills and skills required by the labour market
- Encouraging young people to take part in European democracy
- Supporting innovation, cooperation and reform
- Reducing early school leaving
- Promoting cooperation and mobility with the EU's partner countries
Who can take part in the Erasmus+ Programme?
Erasmus+ is open to two main categories:
- Individuals ⇒ students, staff, trainees, teachers, volunteers, young people and youth workers.
- Organisations ⇒ universities, schools, Vocational Education and Training providers (VET), think-tanks, research organisations and private businesses.
The eligibility of individuals and organisations varies from one action to another and depends on the country in which they are based. Eligible countries are divided into two groups, Programme countries (eligible for all Erasmus+ actions) and Partners countries (eligible only for some actions and subject to specific conditions).
Erasmus+ opportunities in Canary Islands
As hosting organisation operating in the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme, INTERMOBEX offers many mobility opportunities both for individuals and organisations. To discover more, visit the dedicated sections of our website:
Where to find more details about the Erasmus+ Programme?
For detailed information on the Erasmus+ Programme and its opportunities, including eligibility criteria, application procedures and deadlines, you can check these useful links:
Looking for a Partner Hosting Organisation?
If you are looking for a new Spanish Partner hosting organisation for your next Erasmus+ Project, send us a brief description of your Project Proposal and we'll find the best way to cooperate.