Cookies are a tool used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors or users. It is nothing more than a text file that some servers install during browsing and that allow to have information such as: the place from which you access, the connection time, the device from which you access (fixed or mobile), the system operating and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks and data regarding user behaviour on the Internet. They do not provide references that allow the user’s name and surname to be deduced and cannot read data from their hard disk or include viruses on their computers. Also, you cannot read the cookies implanted in the user’s hard drive from other servers.
Why are they important?
The website is accessible without the need for cookies to be activated, although its deactivation may prevent its proper functioning.
From a technical point of view, cookies allow websites to function in a way which is more agile and adapted to user preferences, such as storing the language, currency of the country or detecting the access device.
They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or hinder cyber attacks against the website or its users.
They allow media managers to know collected statistical data to improve the quality and experience of their services.
They serve to optimize the advertising that we show to users, offering the one that best suits their interests.
Deactivation, deletion of cookies and browser settings
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox
The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he wants to work on this website.
If you want more information about how to revoke the consent given or about the procedure to disable cookies, as well as ask any questions about the Cookies Policy, you can contact the owner through the following email address Info@intermobex.com indicating “Cookies Policy” in the subject.
Types of Cookies used on the Web
The user who browses the Web can find cookies inserted directly by the owner, or cookies inserted by other entities than the owner, as detailed in the following sections:
(indicate the types of cookies used with name, provider, purpose, expiration and type))
- Session cookies, designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information only used to preserve the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
- Permanent cookies, the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and it can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from which the cookies are sent and that processes the data obtained, we can distinguish between our own cookies and those of third parties.
- Our own cookies are those cookies that are sent to the user’s computer and are managed exclusively by us for the best functioning of the Website. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service and your experience as a user.
- Third-party cookies, when the user interacts with the content of our website, third-party cookies can also be set (for example, by pressing social media buttons or watching videos hosted on another website), which are those established by a different domain of our Website. We cannot access the data stored in the cookies of other websites when you browse the mentioned websites.
In conclusion, there is another classification of five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identifying the session , accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, processing the purchase of an order, makeing a request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization and geolocation cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the website, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the data of the usage made by the users of the service.
- Advertising and behavioral advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces. In addition, they store information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to show advertising based on it.